Check out the key features of the new game engine in the beta version.
The Machinery game engine is available for download in open beta. For those, who had an access to the closed beta, you have to log in to your Machinery account to continue using it.
The current version of the engine comes with the following features:
- Asset import via Open Asset Importer
- Creation graphs
- A data-based rendering architecture running on top of Vulkan
- Physics simulation empowered by Nvidia PhysX
- Hierarchical state machines for layered animations
- Software-based 3D audio mixer with surround sound support
- Data-oriented customizable entity system
- Visual scripting
- Immediate mode UI toolkit
- Collaborative editing
- Profiling and statistics for checking out your project performance
The Machinery game engine stands out from other engines by customizing and hacking features. The engine comes with a modular design that helps users to extend, replace, or remove parts of the engine. With the engine, it’s also possible to add adjustments to the gameplay, UI, and more with the running editor.
Download the engine on The Machinery website. If you’re trying it for the first time, don’t forget to log in to your Machinery account.