Some popular 3d artists have launched an educational initiative, aiming to bring modern game content production techniques to more users.
If you’re looking for new gamedev and 3d courses, you should definitely check out the new Mentor Collective service, organized by a number of the prominent 3d artist: Josh Lynch, Ethan Hiley, Dylan Mellott, Billy Matjiunis, Ryan Smith. The key advantage of the new project is a personalized ‘One On One’ approach to teaching. Plus all the instructors are currently working on AAA projects in the game industry, so they only share modern and relevant techniques. The benefit of a more personalized approach is that the mentorship is tailored towards the skill set of a particular client.
Currently, you can get mentorship in PBR Materials, Level Design, World Building, Stylized Art and Weapon Art. So basically all the cool art topics are covered.
Here’s a more detailed look at the things you get:
With Each Mentorship You Will Get:
- Focused One On One Mentoring From AAA Artists
- 4×1.5 Weekly Hour Long Calls
- Hands On Training | Live Demonstrations
- Personalized Training Tailored To Each Mentee
- Portfolio Critique | Guidance
- Exclusive Discord Community With Artists From Around The World
- All Experience Levels & Locations Welcome
- Guidance On Reaching The Next Level
- Learn Current Game Art Workflows, Pipelines, Tools, And Techniques
At The End Of The Mentorship
- You Will Have Explored Workflow Concepts, Tools, And Techniques Used By Current AAA Artists To Create High Quality Art Assets.
- Using Marmoset Toolbag and Unreal Engine 4, you will have learned how to take your art assets and create eye catching renders and presentation layouts to make your work standout online.
The pricing is interesting. You get 4 x 1.5 hour sessions weekly for $500 per month. Career Coaching is also available for $250 per month.