The Top 1% of Mobile Game Publishers Generated $27bn in H1 2022

The 460 game publishers, which comprise this top 1%, made up 93% of total global mobile game revenue in the first half of 2022.

A new report from Sensor Tower reveals that the top 1% of global mobile game publishers generated revenue of $27 billion in the first half of 2022.

The report reads that 460 game publishers, which comprise this top 1%, made up 93% of global mobile game revenue. Meanwhile, the remaining 7% (46,000 publishers) generated $2 billion.

In terms of downloads, the top 1% of mobile game publishers saw 22 billion downloads (79%), and the rest 99% generated 6 billion downloads (21%).

The analytics firm also stated that among both game and non-game mobile publishers, the top 1% (1,800 publishers) collectively held a 91% market share of the total revenue in H1 2022 – they generated nearly $42 billion, whereas the remaining 183,000 publishers' earnings amounted to $4 billion.

As for downloads, the top 1% of publishers made 57 billion downloads (79%), while the rest of them generated 15 billion (21%).

Among the app publishers, both game and non-game, Tencent was the top-grossing company. The Chinese giant generated about $3.3 billion in H1 2022 which was 153% more than the second highest-performing publisher, TikTok owner ByteDance, whose earnings totaled $1.3 billion.

You can learn more by reading the full report here. Also, don't forget to join our Reddit page and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more. 

Join discussion

Comments 0

    You might also like

    We need your consent

    We use cookies on this website to make your browsing experience better. By using the site you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more