Unreal Engine plugin got enhanced by VR camera, collaborative game mode, and more.
Theia Interactive has announced the launch of Optim 1.2. The software and virtual production company has initially created this tool for internal use and has made it public only in November 2019. For the newest update of the plugin, the current worldwide situation has been considered, and now, the new multi-user functionality allows the team members from all over the world to host a multi-user review on the project. Each member will have its own avatar that will be visible for other users. With VR camera, you can see the digital scene from any point of view, capture information if needed, and with the added audio chat in VR, the team can meet up in virtual spaces.
“Unreal Engine is an incredibly powerful tool, and by simplifying the way users can implement features like multi-user connectivity, we hope more people will embrace it. We created Optim as a way to help improve our own workflows, so we understand the best ways to utilize game engines because we do it ourselves.”
Bill Fishkin, president of Theia Interactive via press release
The update also includes:
- Improved UI simplifies the creation process and makes it more accessible
- Lightbuild Scheduler sets an exact time to start your static light build.
- Clustered Merging is based on the clustering algorithm that automatically merges objects within a scene, keeping meshes in tight groups.
- Selection Filters helps create precise selection sets quickly within your scene using a
variety of parameters such as name, vertex count, or applied material.
- One-Click LODs allow selecting meshes in your viewport and immediately
apply Smart LODs without scrolling through menus or extra windows.
There are three versions of the plugin: Starter, Pro, and Enterprise. You can subscribe to each version monthly or annually. The VR collaboration Toolkit is available in Pro and Enterprise versions only.
Visit the website for more information on the plugin and purchase options.