I've never heard of isolating the green channel of the normal map and using it as a paint layer. What effect does that create exactly?
WARNING They dont listen to their users as much as they like to say they do. Check their forums. Plenty of requests go unanswered. Their "To Do" list has been outdated. They lack staple features such as a Text Tool, Adjustment Layers, Channels, Layer Styling, Proper Cropping. Paintstorm cant even resize a photo correctly (It will always leave a border when resizes). You also run into square artifacts occasionally. There have also been several instances were paintstorm was detected as malware, once called out, the dev reuploads a clean version. This happened at least twice from forum reports and Virus Total. Aside from the very obvious lack of support and maintinence. The brush system is good. However a good brush engine will not replace the other basic features and functions paintstorm lacks. DO NOT expect support. This is definitely a homegrown app and it shows. If you want a versatile brush engine, clip studio or even krita is where its at.
Amazon is running a nice sale, which let’s you buy a year long subscription to Autodesk Fusion 360 for just $25. Fusion 360 is an integrated CAD, CAM and CAE platform for product development. it has a number of cool features and if you’re into 3d printing and serious engineering, we encourage you to take a look.
- Quickly iterate on design ideas and use sculpting and modeling tools to explore form and finishes
- Once you have settled on your design you can engineer your design, creating assemblies to validate fit and motion and photorealistic renderings and animations to verify the appearance
- Use the 3D print workflows to create a rapid prototype or the CAM workspace to create toolpaths to machine your components
- Fusion 360 brings design teams together for collaborative product development The Fusion 360 dashboard enables you to: collaborate with your team, keep track of versions, comments, and tasks and save and retrieve data in the cloud
- Subscribers have access to the latest software and product enhancements
- Ability to scale licensing to fit changing business needs
- Quickly iterate on design ideas and use sculpting and modeling tools to explore form and finishes.
- Once you have settled on your design you can engineer your design, creating assemblies to validate fit and motion and photorealistic renderings and animations to verify the appearance.