Today we've gathered 7 Job Openings for December.
1. Character Artist, Manifest
Manifest is a venture-backed startup creating a next-gen community and game platform built on Unreal Engine.
- Efficiently create large numbers of unique characters (e.g. NPCs) at scale, ideally with procedural methods
- Advise on the development of character creation and customization system
- Produce high-quality character art for the game with excellent textures.
- Rig characters to be compatible with project-specific skeleton
- You will work closely with leadership to create memorable, unique, and impactful characters of numerous styles
2. Art Director, Vertigo Studios Amsterdam
Vertigo Studios is the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world. The Amsterdam studio kicks off the development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
- You are ambitious and creative, always aiming for the highest possible quality
- You are excited by the challenges and opportunities of working in the new media of VR/XR
- Your passion drives continuous personal development and artistic expression
- You are organized and forward-looking
- You have a portfolio of outstanding professional and personal work
3. Concept Artist - Lost Survivors (New Mobile Game), InnoGames GmbH
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar, and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production. Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years.
- Concept. Conceptualize, design, and create a range of concept art assets, mostly focusing on buildings & characters to be used as a guide for developing 3D game assets.
- Collaborate. Work closely with the Art Director and play an active role in developing and polishing the look & feel of the game.
- Support. Support our Marketing with visual designs and finished illustrations.
- Shine. Deliver your results with respect to our production pipeline, art direction & team-internal deadlines.
4. Freelance Character Artist, Binary Neon
The team has launched token on November 19th to great success, and continuing their roadmap into 2022 they are developing an ambitious NFT project.
- Model character based on illustrations and photos of real dogs. The initial requirement is waist height up, but we could explore modeling the full body.
- Rig face for dynamic expressions. Define 6-10 preset common expressions.
- Develop base materials considering a pipeline for a high volume of iterations and customization.
- Set lighting for a couple of different looks.
5. UX/UI Designer, METAGATE LIMITED
Metagate is a new Web3 platform catering to NFT collectors and investors as well as crypto-gaming enthusiasts, recognizing the tight coupling between the two worlds.
- Design wireframes, flow charts, and paper prototypes to illustrate general layout, functionality, and product flow for both web and mobile experiences
- Take ownership in the design process and maintain open communication with web engineers to push the quality of the product
- Export optimized art assets and coordinate with engineers to integrate them into the product
- Gather usability feedback to make informed UX recommendations
- Active participation in design discussions
6. 3D Character Artist - Remote, Moonray PBC
Moonray is one of the leading startups in the fast-growing blockchain gaming space. This is a chance to work with what will be one of the defining IPs of the next revolution in gaming.
- Ability to work from 2D concepts and generate 3D game-ready characters
- Ability to work from 3D concepts and generate game-ready characters
- Full knowledge of the high poly → low poly pipeline
- Rigging experience
- Knowledge of ZBrush and other standard 3D tools (Blender, Maya, etc)
- Knowledge of UV maps and texturing
7. Senior Environment Artist, OTHERWORLD
The talented team of artists, designers, and programmers, the team grows from a small island to the Disneyland of the 21st Century and has a genuine creative influence on what that looks like.
- Conceptualize, communicate, and build striking game environments across a range of themes and biomes
- Push the boundaries of what's possible in virtual reality, optimizing for VR from conception to implementation and finding creative solutions to surpass technical constraints
- Create a wide range of VR-ready assets in line with our established best practices
- Stay on the cutting edge of the industry, always considering how we can incorporate the latest technological advances into our art style and production pipeline
- Grow professionally and help others do the same by participating in our open, knowledge-sharing, anti-dogmatic culture
If you liked what you've seen, we encourage you to apply for your preferred position. Also, you may check out more openings on the 80LV Job Board.