Romain Chauliac has recently released a new 24-hour tutorial that demonstrates the full process behind his NieR Automata 2A version. The guide covers all the steps in Maya, Daz, Xgen, and Arnold. What is more, it’s not that pricey, so don’t miss this course on high-quality 3D characters.
I’ll show you the workflow on how to quickly and easily create realistic 3D character that will than be reusable.
1. First, we will see how to correctly export/import a model from Daz in order to use it as our start point.
2. Then we’ll block all the elements: posing, lighting, displacement, SSS etc…
3. A big part is the creation of the clothing. I’ll show you how to model them directly in Maya with various techniques in order to have clean seam and borders. We’ll also use Zbrush to add extra details and folds and explain you the correct way to create Displacement map for Arnold.
4. The other big part is about the creation of a long hair haircut using Xgen. Guides creation, maps, modifiers etc…
5. Finally, we’ll go in depth about all final details and lighting.
You can learn more about the guide here.