I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial by Enrico Tammekänd on how to create textures with ZBrush and Substance Designer. Described techniques can also be used to create the albedo/color texture in Photoshop and other maps in Quixel, Knald and other software.
- How to setup perfect tiling plane
- Explore different brushes
- How to use a custom SD Rock Alpha Generator for thousands of alphas
- Sculpt bricks and grout
- See how to tile bricks/subtools in ZBrush without the need of external 3D software
- How to export, do a Height bake and ID mask
- Create all of our other maps in Substance Designer
- Explore ways to expose parameters like the amount of sculpted grout
- Finally do our render in Marmoset and post-process in Photoshop
Use promo code “firstvideotut” to get 30% off.
By purchasing this product, you agree with our terms and conditions. The project files for our products are for educational purposes only and not allowed to be redistributed or re-sold in any way. End product of the project files (procedural and sculpted textures) can be used in any of your projects, however they are not allowed to be redistributed or re-sold. Product must be embedded in your project to be legally viable for using or sharing.
Media, such as video tutorial, is not allowed to be posted, re-sold or be redistributed in any way. By purchasing you agree with single user license.