Grzegorz Baran has shared a new guide on texture scanning with a DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone. The video In this discusses the artist’s complete photogrammetry workflow for surface scanning with drones.
Basically, it shows how you can use a drone in daily photogrammetry workflow to successfully create high-quality materials. Please note that the workflow the artist presented is optional as there is no perfect solution.
Baran used a cliff wall surface as an example.
- Introduction to the drone experience (equipment, landing pads, energy bank)
- Surface capture with the Mavic 2 Pro drone (picking a right spot)
- Shadow removal and image post-production with the PhotoLab2
- Photogrammetry reconstruction in Agisoft Metashape
- Creating, UV mapping and aligning the low-poly model around the high-poly in ZBrush (low-poly projection)
- PBR textures baking in Substance Designer
- Seam removal, surface fixes and material generation in Artomatix Artengine
- Presenting material in Marmoset Toolbag 3 with the external HDRI map applied as a source of light