there is no need to create a vdb, but it works yes
Super taf! ;)
Ted Bundy's car? :D
Grzegorz Baran has shared a new guide on texture scanning with a DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone. The video In this discusses the artist’s complete photogrammetry workflow for surface scanning with drones.
Basically, it shows how you can use a drone in daily photogrammetry workflow to successfully create high-quality materials. Please note that the workflow the artist presented is optional as there is no perfect solution.
Baran used a cliff wall surface as an example.
- Introduction to the drone experience (equipment, landing pads, energy bank)
- Surface capture with the Mavic 2 Pro drone (picking a right spot)
- Shadow removal and image post-production with the PhotoLab2
- Photogrammetry reconstruction in Agisoft Metashape
- Creating, UV mapping and aligning the low-poly model around the high-poly in ZBrush (low-poly projection)
- PBR textures baking in Substance Designer
- Seam removal, surface fixes and material generation in Artomatix Artengine
- Presenting material in Marmoset Toolbag 3 with the external HDRI map applied as a source of light
Simple River Stones by Stan Brown is a procedural material for your environments fully made in Substance Designer. The package includes a fully commented and organized graph for study and customization.
Any future updates are included and will be available for download in case they are released.