The team behind The Division, Watch Dogs and Wildlands is looking for a new member to work in Newcastle, UK.
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio from Newcastle, UK is looking for experienced level designers. The team, known for Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, The Division, Grow Home, Watch Dogs and other games, needs new new talents to continue developing the best possible interactive experiences. As a senior level designer you will have a change to contribute to the creation of interesting, challenging and fun gameplay mechanics for the Ubisoft fans.
- Implement pre-existing designs with in-house visual scripting tools and editing software;
- Create original and fun ideas and implement them;
- Communicate the results of any prototypes and designs to other disciplines in order to validate your design intentions and that they fit with the creative vision;
- Identify requirements of any designs and communicate these to the appropriate teams in order that required content is created;
- As the project progresses, integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine;
- Implement player feedback to ensure accessibility and appropriate level of difficulty;
- Locate and fix bugs in both their own and their colleagues’ work;
- Conduct gameplay evaluations on their work and their colleagues’ work, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game;
- Identify any additional programming requirements, specify the requirement and test the delivered product;
- Support the Lead Level Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Substantial working experience in level or game design;
- Extensive experience using level editing tools;
- Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic;
- A passion for games and a keen interest in gameplay creation;
- An aptitude for logical problem solving;
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities;
- Composure in the face of development cycle challenges;
- A passion for computer games and an interest in the structure and design of individual missions;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good organisational abilities and have a high level of attention to detail;
- Creative flair coupled with an analytical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for on-going learning and self-development.