I recommend that you watch his Intro to 3D Coat and Intro to Destruction art videos. After learning the techniques he used in the video this course will make a lot more sense.
AI applications are only beginning to materialize. It's so exciting what neural networks will do to art workflows in the coming years.
W T F!!! Why, really don't understand, EA = just a fucking looser company!
Take a look at a tutorial by Aaron Kaminer that covers the basics of setting up a scene for material testing, creating the most common elements of a master material, and key information in creating effective material instances out of a master material.
Two hours of tips and tricks with teach you how to create your own master materials and instances in Unreal Engine 4 and provide you with some basic knowledge on principles of material creation within the Unreal Engine 4 material editor.
01: New Project and Scene Setup
- How to start a new first person project
- How to setup a basic lighting environment for material testing. Including light mass importance volumes, sphere reflection captures, directional lights, and skylights.
- Basic navigations and hotkeys for the editor.
- Saving files
- Baking basic lighting.
- Creating folders for clean navigation in engine.
- Creating Basic Blank Master Material
- How to Apply Materials using Material Elements
02: Albedo Base Setup
- Setup Base Color Input
- Static Switch Parameters
- 2D Texture Parameters
- Organizing with groups, comments, and descriptions.
- Material Instancing
- Texture saturation and hue
03: Roughness/Metalness/Normal Base Setup
- Roughness Values/Maps
- Metal Values/Maps
- Normal Map Paramter
- Normal Intensity
- Basic Math
04:Emissive Base Setup
- Emissive Base Color
- Emissive Power
- Emissive Masking
05: AO Base Setup
- AO Engine Default Setup
- AO Albedo Overlay
- Linear Interpolate