Today we've picked up the asset that improves the quality of the vegetation rendering by replacing Unity's default terrain details system.
Nature Renderer is a newly released tool for Unity, which allows rendering your scenes with your existing data: use the same grass, vegetation, and trees and keep your existing terrains.
- Physically Based Rendering: The toolset provides accurate lighting and more detail on your grass, vegetation, and terrain details. You can use full PBR shaders on your detail objects.
- LOD: Level-of-Detail reduces complexity in the distance and increases performance.
- Shadows: Enabled shadows for grass, plants, and other terrain details.
- Wind: The included wind shaders provide accurate and lifelike wind for grass, plants, and trees.
- Align to terrain: The tool aligns your grass and objects to the terrain surface.
- Familiar Tools: Inside the platform, you can use standard Unity's default terrain, detail, and tree editing tools.
- Live Editing: All changes to your terrain are updated immediately.
The tool comes with Nature Shaders Essentials and includes a collection of essential vegetation shaders that enable Wind Animations, Translucency, Color Variations, and more.
- Efficient culling of vegetation.
- Works with multiple terrains.
- Minimal GC Allocations and stable consistent performance.
- Works with multiple cameras.
- Floating Origin support for large worlds.
- All data is compressed for optimal memory usage.
- Easily disable rendering when a player is indoors or can't see the terrain.