Thank you for sharing your work process!!
I really like how you've articulated your entire process. This was a very enriching read. A Well deserved feature!
Great article! Thanks for the awesome read.
The Epic team announced that Unreal Studio 4.22 is now available. The release brings new features that will make it faster and easier to create photoreal visuals, experiences, and interactive applications.
The toolkit brings a number of additional toolkits like Datasmith that will help users build experiences.
“We’re constantly working to extend and improve Datasmith, our data translation, and optimization framework, and this release is no exception. Now you can enjoy better fidelity and minimized rework,” states the team.
- 3ds Max: Users gain basic animation support, improved performance with Forest Pack Pro and RailClone assets, better light intensity matching, and more.
- Revit (Early Access): The exporter is still offered as an Early Access feature, but the team has made major steps forward in completeness, stability, and performance.
- CAD: The team improved performance for importing large scenes, added NURBS stitching options, and given users more control over the tessellation of Rhino files.
- glTF (Early Access): Added support for object animation, basic lights, and PBR materials, together with access to the nondestructive re-import workflow.
- MDL/AxF: Improved the importer for better user experience, enhanced visual fidelity, and faster iterations.
- VRED/DELTAGEN: There’s new support for using variants from these files in the Variant Manager.
There’s more, of course. You can learn all about the new release here.
Landscape Auto Material by VEA Games is a flexible auto-painting material for Unreal Engine 4 Landscape component. When you are drawing the topology of your landscape, proper material layers are drawn automatically!
All future updates are included and will be available for download as soon as they are released.