The Epic team announced that Unreal Studio 4.22 is now available.
The Epic team announced that Unreal Studio 4.22 is now available. The release brings new features that will make it faster and easier to create photoreal visuals, experiences, and interactive applications.
The toolkit brings a number of additional toolkits like Datasmith that will help users build experiences.
“We’re constantly working to extend and improve Datasmith, our data translation, and optimization framework, and this release is no exception. Now you can enjoy better fidelity and minimized rework,” states the team.
- 3ds Max: Users gain basic animation support, improved performance with Forest Pack Pro and RailClone assets, better light intensity matching, and more.
- Revit (Early Access): The exporter is still offered as an Early Access feature, but the team has made major steps forward in completeness, stability, and performance.
- CAD: The team improved performance for importing large scenes, added NURBS stitching options, and given users more control over the tessellation of Rhino files.
- glTF (Early Access): Added support for object animation, basic lights, and PBR materials, together with access to the nondestructive re-import workflow.
- MDL/AxF: Improved the importer for better user experience, enhanced visual fidelity, and faster iterations.
- VRED/DELTAGEN: There’s new support for using variants from these files in the Variant Manager.
There’s more, of course. You can learn all about the new release here.