To be honest? What was Star Wars? George Lucas!!! It was cool back then in the 70 ties! Nothing ever before was like it..and it had character! 2 little shiny robots that behaved like humans! The n th sequal of something that was major in the past...! My advice? Start something new dont copy Star Wars...and give it some heart again! Put the industry to shame!!!😉 my 2 cents..
Well that's a lot of hats !
So why not finish the project but making it super generic? Strip all star wars terms out. Then when the game is finished, allow for modders to make a conversion mod that will reinsert the star wars material? That way he can finish it and we all can get what we want and no one has to give up on their dreams.
The team at Paradox has worked very hard to bring new features and tools to the masses. Paradox 1.1.0β version is now available for download.
These are the new features updated Paradox Engine version:
- Physically Based Rendering with Layered Material System
- A brand new scene editor that is now the central piece of Paradox to assemble your game levels, test the rendering, script your entities.
- Scene rendering compositor, offering a new way to define precisely how to render scenes in your game, apply post effects…etc.
- Easy-to-use and powerful post-effects API coming along many built-in effects (Depth Of Field, Bloom, Lens Flare, Glare, ToneMapping, Vignetting, Film Grain, Antialiasing…)
- New implementation of Shadow Mapping, supporting SDSM (Sample Distribution Shadow Maps with adaptive depth splits)
- Scripting System, to easily add behavior and data to entities
- In Visual Studio, when you edit .pdxsl shaders, there is now Error Highlighting and F12 (Go to Definition) to make shader editing as smooth as possible.
- A new launcher, that can manage several versions of Paradox SDK side-by-side
The Paradox team was in the process to get as many mobile platforms included this current release, but unfortunately not all are fully supported yet. They are making sure that everything will work on the next update.
There will be details on the upcoming update soon. To see the rest of the updates in detail, click on the link below.