Long life to Embark studio and its fabulous procedural artists dream team !
truly excellent and inspiring to read. Would have loved to read some on the texturing since that is top-notch.
great environment with a lovely serene sense. Thanks for the write-up!
Chaos Group has recently revealed V-Ray 3.7.01 for Nuke which brings progressive rendering and a number of other features like support for Nuke 11.1, support for light linking, a new multipoint ramp texture, hair shader and hair sampler support, and more. Let’s study the list of improvements.
- Support for Nuke 11.1
- VRayLightLinker: Support for light linking
- VRayTexRamp: Support for multipoint ramp texture
- VRayMtlHair: Support for hair shader
- VRayHairSampler: Support for hair sampler
- VRayCamera: Support for dome camera
- VRayProxy: Add flip axis option
- VRayProxy: Improve hair support with full viewport preview and per-object/per-id scenegraph
- VRayVRScene: Add support for global material override
- VRayVRScene: Add support for override snippet
- VRayRenderElement: Add possibility to customize Nuke layer name on VRayRenderElement node creation
- VRayTranslator: Automatically reuse the region of interest of the active viewer if enabled
- VRaySunSky: Add Filter color for Aerial Perspective
- VRayRenderer: Add console and file log verbosity control
- VRayCryptomatte: Fix rare cases of unidentified selected matte object in Cryptomatte plugin despite being available in the manifest string
- VRayProxy: Reloading a new proxy file does not update the viewport preview
- Animated parameters are not properly exported with single frame export
- Incorrect frame exported on animated parameter when motion blur is enabled
- Unwanted keyframe is created for animated knobs when linked or when modifying knob animation curve
- Missing light select render element with modified VRayCamera when rendering through command line
- Incorrect diffuse shading of textures with alpha channel used directly as geometry material
- Command line rendering of animated sequence with scene using LightSelect crashes after 1st frame
You can learn more about the latest update here.