I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Chaos Group has recently revealed V-Ray 3.7.01 for Nuke which brings progressive rendering and a number of other features like support for Nuke 11.1, support for light linking, a new multipoint ramp texture, hair shader and hair sampler support, and more. Let’s study the list of improvements.
- Support for Nuke 11.1
- VRayLightLinker: Support for light linking
- VRayTexRamp: Support for multipoint ramp texture
- VRayMtlHair: Support for hair shader
- VRayHairSampler: Support for hair sampler
- VRayCamera: Support for dome camera
- VRayProxy: Add flip axis option
- VRayProxy: Improve hair support with full viewport preview and per-object/per-id scenegraph
- VRayVRScene: Add support for global material override
- VRayVRScene: Add support for override snippet
- VRayRenderElement: Add possibility to customize Nuke layer name on VRayRenderElement node creation
- VRayTranslator: Automatically reuse the region of interest of the active viewer if enabled
- VRaySunSky: Add Filter color for Aerial Perspective
- VRayRenderer: Add console and file log verbosity control
- VRayCryptomatte: Fix rare cases of unidentified selected matte object in Cryptomatte plugin despite being available in the manifest string
- VRayProxy: Reloading a new proxy file does not update the viewport preview
- Animated parameters are not properly exported with single frame export
- Incorrect frame exported on animated parameter when motion blur is enabled
- Unwanted keyframe is created for animated knobs when linked or when modifying knob animation curve
- Missing light select render element with modified VRayCamera when rendering through command line
- Incorrect diffuse shading of textures with alpha channel used directly as geometry material
- Command line rendering of animated sequence with scene using LightSelect crashes after 1st frame
You can learn more about the latest update here.