I bought it, it's really nice and intuitive:) Now i'm waiting for next build with new features:)
I love it!
Hi. Can you tell how the glass material was made? I found it very interesting.Congratz
Chaos Group has presented a beta of V-Ray for Houdini. GPU & CPU Rendering, Volume Rendering, V-Ray Scene Support, and more — let’s study the tool!
- GPU & CPU Rendering – GPU & CPU rendering capabilities for high-speed look development and final frame rendering.
- Volume Rendering – Illumination and rendering of VDB volumes through the V-Ray Volume Grid. Support for Houdini volumes and MacOS are coming soon.
- V-Ray Scene Support – Transfer and manipulate the properties of V-Ray scenes from applications such as Maya and 3ds Max.
- Alembic Support – Full support for Alembic workflows including transformations, instancing and per object material overrides.
- Physical Hair – New Physical Hair shader renders realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights. Only hair as SOP geometry is supported currently.
- Particles – Drive shader parameters such as color, alpha, and particle size through custom, per-point attributes.
- Packed Primitives – Handling of Houdini’s native packed primitives at render time.
- Material Stylesheets – Full support for material overrides based on groups, bundles, and attributes. VEX and per-primitive string overrides such as texture randomization are planned for launch.
- Instancing – Supports copying any object type (including volumes) using Packed Primitives, Instancer, and “instancepath” attribute.
- Light Instances – Instancing of lights is supported, with options for per-instance overrides of the light parameters and constant storage of light link settings.
You can now get the tool for Houdini and Houdini Indie 16.5.473 and later. The beta supports Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Learn more and join the beta team here.