Vulkan Video drivers are launching from multiple GPU vendors.
The Khronos Group announced that LunarG released the Vulkan SDK version 220.127.116.11 for Windows and Linux with support for the four Vulkan Video extensions finalized in December, including header upgrades and Validation Layer integration.
Multiple GPU vendors are rolling out their support for the Vulkan Video extensions, including NVIDIA's beta drivers for Windows and Linux, and AMD's beta driver for Windows. Intel has plans to support the Vulkan Video with an upcoming Intel Graphics Driver release for Intel Arc A-Series Graphics and Intel Iris Xe Graphics later this year.
The Vulkan validation layers, API header files, and API registry now include support for:
- VK_KHR_video_queue: common APIs for all video coding operations.
- VK_KHR_video_decode_queue: common APIs for all video decode operations.
- VK_KHR_video_decode_h264: H.264 decode-specific capabilities and parameters.
- VK_KHR_video_decode_h265: H.265 decode-specific capabilities and parameters.
new Vulkan SDK also provides Vulkan Video codec-specific headers including:
- vulkan_video_codec_h264std.h: defines structures and types shared by H.264 decode and encode operations.
- vulkan_video_codec_h264std_decode.h: defines structures used only by H.264 decode operations.
- vulkan_video_codec_h265std.h: defines structures and types shared by H.265 decode and encode operations.
- vulkan_video_codec_h265std_decode.h: defines structures used only by H.265 decode operations.
- vulkan_video_codecs_common.h: defines a versioning macro used by other standard headers for version maintenance.
Find the announcement here and don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platform, our Reddit page, and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.