this is an Excellent article, the way its set out with the vids and pics. very technical but not rambley. I learnt alot out of it.
Bob would have been proud
Congratulations Lukas:) Amazing piece of 3D parametric shader:) thank You for sharing Your knowledge:)
You can now get your hands on ZBrush 2018.1. This free update comes a number of changes for improved stability in ZBrush 2018. Let’s check out the new features.
- Added various changes to increase ZBrush sculpting and navigation speed.
- Added ‘Go To Unmasked Center’ button for use with Gizmo3D center option.
- Added ‘Uvb’ and ‘Uvbt’ (UV-Box and UV-Box tiles) UV map creation options.
- Added option to export Smooth Normals with OBJ files.
- Added ZModeler Inset proportional option. (A Single Poly only. CTRL modifier)
- Added a warning when loading custom brushes with auto-masking enabled if Sculptris Pro is active.
- Added a MatCap Red Wax material so it will no longer be fully replaced when using ‘Save As Startup Material’.
- Fixed Groups Border weighted smooth mode (Smooth Groups Brush).
- Fixed iCloud Photos shortcut issue.
- Fixed GoZ Photoshop Crash.
- Fixed GoZ Max has been updated to work with 3ds Max 2017, 2018, & 2019.
- Fixed double clicking not opening ZPR or ZTL files on the MacOS.
- Fixed issues with tablet pressure on MacOS.
- Fixed ZRemesher density control with Polypainting on MacOS.
- Fixed CTRL + Drag duplicated crash when using the Gizmo3D.
- Fixed issue with geometry position sliders staying active when inputting values.
- Fixed issue with lightbox not opening with large number of loaded brushes.
- Fixed issue with VDM brushes when applying with textures.
- Fixed ‘Draw Transformation Border’ not storing with Config.
- Fixed ZBrush not responding after restoring from minimize on MacOS.
- Fixed typing with a French keyboard on MacOS.
- Fixed importing of PNG files on MacOS.
- Fixed custom UI not storing when in full screen mode on MacOS.
- Fixed Screen Saver from activating when ZBrush is launched on MacOS.
- Fixed computer not sleeping when ZBrush is launched on MacOS.
- Fixed issue after UI is saved in window mode on Windows.
- Fixed issue of UI not being saved in fullscreen on secondary monitor on Windows.
- Fixed UV Planar smoothing UVs when applied. Now smoothing will only take place when SUV in the Tool>Geometry is enabled.
You can learn more about ZBrush 2018.1 here.