Doesn't they say the same thing about photography when it was emerging? ;)
Agreed. This is just depressing and is a detriment to society. If this keeps advancing at its current rate, good art will be so trivial to generate that it won't be special anymore. Art will slowly morph into a banal distraction, with creating an original piece being as easy as applying an Instagram filter. The role of the human artist will change from a craftsperson to someone who picks a bunch of parameters, gives it to the AI, and chooses the best output. This type of technology is a threat to the very existence of art as a craft, will completely devalue artwork, and will make the journey of training to become an artist obsolete. I hate these researchers for what they're doing to a field that I love.
I disagree. There will always be demand for real artists. Like any other digital software, this is just a tool with the possibility to help artists create compelling worlds faster and add realism that would otherwise have taken days to make using other methods. As a 3D character artist, I would love to use this to create quick backdrops to place my characters in to enhance final renders.
Our Ghosts of War needs a professional 3D artist for creating explorable modular house pieces and various game props.
- Create (Model and UV) a base set of realistic modular house pieces (exterior and interior) according to provided references.
- Import and setup the meshes in UE4 with the intention to reconstruct the reference.
- Create variations for each/every piece upon request.
- Create various props.
- Maintain clean topology.
- Create LODs.
- Previous experience in creating modular house assets for production.
- Dedication and availability to complete the work as expected.
- Strong problem solving abilities to find solutions to workflow issues.
- Strong understanding of efficiency, optimization, material and UV sharing, trims and atlases.
- Strong planning and prioritization to minimize workflow errors and re-works.
- Take leadership role if/when needed.
- Maintain good communications, provide updates, gather and apply feedback.
Good eye for details.
- Good sense of scale.