We are looking for an artist to join our team of talented veterans at Glowmade
What you’ll be doing
- Researching, concepting, and prototyping wonderful 3D things!
- Translating 2D concept artwork, as well as written and verbal direction into playable game art
- Getting involved in setting the broader visual style of the game
- Work closely with artists and coders to get quality artwork into the game.
- Working fast and collaboratively to make your stuff happen
Skills & Requirements
- A solid portfolio, demonstrating an ability to create a variety of high quality game-ready 3d assets from start to finish
- Demonstrable expertise in 3d software (Maya or 3ds Max)
- Ability to create incredible textures and materials
- Examples of a broad ranging artistic talent that demonstrates an aesthetic eye and visual flair (including, but not limited to: games design, life drawing, photography, concepts, writing, acting, music, teaching, dance)
- Experience as an artist on released titles
- Experience using ZBrush
Glowmade is an independent games company owned and run by highly motivated and experienced professionals. Last year we released our first game 'WonderWorlds' (which is brilliant) and collectively we've worked on big hits such as Fable and LittleBigPlanet. This is an opportunity to join our team in a position to make a significant contribution to the design, style and tone of our next game. Everyone at Glowmade has a voice, and it’s important to us that you feel empowered and are given the opportunity to use it.
We’re based in Guildford, UK, we offer competitive wages and we are an actively equal opportunities employer. If all of the above sounds exciting and you think you can fill this pivotal role, please get in touch. No agencies please!