Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Project L. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As an Animation Lead for the Singapore Studio, you will set the bar and ensure that the animation output maintains Riot’s high standards. You’ll build and support a high-performing team and give them the guidance and context they need to deliver amazing animation experiences to our players. Using your broad knowledge of animation's art, craft, and tech, you’ll set clear goals and ensure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible.
- As overall animation craft lead on Teamfight Tactics, you will oversee and be accountable for the quality of the work the team delivers and set the bar for excellence
- You will build a world-class team by sourcing AAA animation talent in China, developing and growing their skills through training and feedback
- You will establish and maintain a highly engaged, creative, and motivated workspace for your team to unleash people’s potential.
- Collaborate with Rioters throughout HK, Singapore, and worldwide to make sure product goals are fulfilled, and working practices are appropriate
- You will accomplish your mission with complete autonomy if the need arises; you're dedicated to finding creative and effective solutions to eliminate complex problems vigilantly
- You will use your knowledge and experience with modeling, texturing, rigging, scripting, lighting, and video editing to level up animated projects on an as-needed basis
- You will set a clear vision and strategy to grow your team, provide consistent feedback, and build trust with your team
- Drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides
- Lead and improve team rituals to support high-quality craft and individual growth
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality, creative animation driven by storytelling and fits Riot's style.
- Extreme proficiency in animation art fundamentals.
- A clear understanding of the Teamfight Tactics art style
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated toward teaching, enabling, and coaching the artists
- Experience giving thorough direction and delivering timely, clear, actionable feedback
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas concisely in English or Chinese
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits