Thanks for sharing and detailed production breakdown
i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Keith, I just wanted to stop by and say: Thank you.
The team is looking for a Lead Animator to join a new team at Splash Damage and help bring their characters to life.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create a technically sound, engaging and memorable game
- Working with programmers, artists and designers to contribute to the implementation of animations into the game
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Demonstrate strong keyframe animation ability paying particular attention to making sure animations support the fast-paced nature of the game
- Manage the animation team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Experience using 3D animation software, particularly 3DS Max/Character Studio
- A passion for making and playing multiplayer games, especially first and third person shooters
- Demonstrable ability creating both realistic and stylised human animations as well as mechanical animations such as weapons
- The desire to collaborate with game designers, programmers and artists
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (eg. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Management of an experienced character animation team
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Have extensive professional experience in the video games industry with at least 3 commercially released titles
- Some experience of working on mods or independent game projects
- Experience with technical animation – rigging/skinning and problem solving
- Cinematic and Facial animation experience