No one will discuss the new destruction system below.
Besides, if you'd be involved in project budgeting you would be aware that the costs are growing and using cheap alternatives is inevitable. This is the business. first of all.
If you hate people that can make your life easier and see the threat in everything related to AI then you can hardly call yourself an artist. Rather than a kid who likes to be in a comfort zone.
The team is looking for an Animator to join the team at Splash Damage and help bring their characters to life.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create a technically sound, engaging and memorable game
- Working with programmers, artists, and designers to implement animations into the game
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Demonstrate strong human and creature animation skills, especially regarding gameplay
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience using 3D animation software, particularly Maya (although 3d max will also be considered)
- A passion for making and playing multiplayer games, especially first and third person shooters
- Demonstrable ability creating both realistic and stylised human animations as well as mechanical animations such as weapons
- The desire to collaborate with game designers, programmers, and artists
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (e.g. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character preparation from modeling, rigging, and skinning
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Professional experience in the video games industry with at least 1 commercially released title
- Experience with technical animation – rigging/skinning and problem-solving
- Mocap, Camera work, and Facial animation experience