MY.GAMES is looking for an experienced Art Direction Supervisor or Consultant to create mind-blowing visuals for an upcoming, ambitious stylized project on PC and next-gen consoles meant for a wide, mid-core western audience (USA, Western Europe).
- Transforming content into unique visuals. Taking the current style and driving it forward within existing lore and gameplay in development.
- Creating key artworks and jaw-dropping atmospheric concepts for core game elements like characters, gear (guns and other equipment), environment, monsters, VFX, and UI (or most of the above) with the help of experienced lead artists in each department.
- Working closely with the creative director, narrative designers, producers, and other team members to create a game with an attractive style instantly recognizable from a YouTube thumbnail.
- Revamping current content partially or entirely (if needed): providing overpaint and/or directions for current 2D and 3D artworks and creating new concepts.
- Providing support, guidance, and artistic advice to other lead artists, animators, modelers, and level designers in order to develop, enhance, and pass the artistic vision to a large number of outsourcing\freelance artists via creating art design documentation.
- Inventing visual-based features and themes for the important story and gameplay elements, key story NPCs and enemies, season updates, and major themed events.
- Reviewing and refining UI art style together with UX designers to go along with overall game style.
- Creating art design documentation (Detailed bullet points).
- Developing looks for characters and weapons worthy of putting on our game cover, and\or creating that cover or any other key artwork.
- Working out distinctive settings and subsettings within one universe ( sci-fi, ancient, contemporary, etc) and establishing key features for each of them while keeping consistent visuals.
- Solid 2D drawing skills in semi-realistic , cartoon , Disney , western comic styles, able to cause the WOW! effect.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in game development as lead artist and\or art director.
- A minimum of 1 published project, fully directed (PC, Console).
- Ability to describe and push one’s ideas and motivate others.
- Good eye for composition, color, lighting, and mood.
- Flexibility while collaborating with an international team.
- Adaptability to remote work in another time zone with regular calls, direct messages, shared documentation, etc.
- Ability to quickly switch between different types of issues and digest large amounts of new content and information in a fast-growing project.
- Initiative and self-reliance as it applies to task management.
- English - native\fluent
- Basic 3D knowledge
- Experience in creating appealing promo art
- Understanding the basic capabilities of popular game engines (Unreal Engine 4 in particular) and console restrictions.
- Familiarity and affinity for action games.
- Enjoys comic books.
- Good sense of humor.
- Solid understanding of modern pop culture and its trends.