Relocation assistance provided
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Drive the artistic look, feel, and visual quality of art assets that capture the imagination and deliver on our partners’ creative vision for their projects
- Collaborate with creative Leads to craft and communicate the artistic vision of the projects
- Concept and pitch high-level game concepts
- Generate excitement and direction through Art Bibles, documentation, concept art, or mood boards
- Hands-on contribution to artwork that defines and enhances the moods of our games
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines to create cohesive game worlds for our players
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks that help our art team execute on our goals as efficiently as possible
What else are we looking for? Here’s our wish list for the ideal Art Director at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for.
- Extensive experience working in interactive media and/or game development, some AAA game experience preferred
- Experience leading a creative team in crafting a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Ability to provide creative leadership through focused and inspiring reviews.
- Deep expertise and experience in at least one art field (e.g., character, environment, concept)
- Significant experience working with one or more industry-standard engines, such as UE4 or Unity
- Superb ability in one or more industry-standard software applications, such as Photoshop, Maya, ZBrush, Substance
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Fearless about trying out new tools with a commitment to keeping up with the latest industry standards, best practices and approaches to creative projects
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues