Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional art director to help them drive the artistic vision and development of Hearthstone.
- Create concept paintings and other benchmark assets that establish quality expectations and inspire others.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and leadership for a team of artists, including career guidance, mentorship, and overall culture development.
- Participate in written review cycle, ratings, and help drive to build the talent of the team.
- Welcome and encourage feedback, team discussions, and foster an environment of safe and productive iteration.
- A proven ability to visually tackle problems in collaboration with the broader game team, including other artists, art leads, and design leads.
- Collaborate with other art directors across the company in defining and continuing to develop Blizzard's unique visual style.
- Proven experience directing and supporting artists across multiple art disciplines.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure the team is healthy and strong.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience crafting video game art.
- A minimum of 5 years in a leadership role and proven abilities in leadership to drive the creative direction of a game.
- At least 5 years' experience working in AAA games.
- You shine in collaborative work culture and truly enjoy working with others.
- You take initiative to solve problems and have excellent follow-through.
- Extensive experience in developing a unique and cohesive visual style in a team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates the art team’s work.
- A desire to work closely with game design to make sure the game's art improves the player experience.
- An ability and desire to explore a wide variety of ideas to push Blizzard’s art style.
- A real passion for card or strategy games.
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard games.