Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Camera Layout Artist / Animator at Naughty Dog
19 March, 2018
Naughty Dog is looking for a talented Camera Layout Artist/Animator to become part of their team in creating the next generation of their award-winning cinematics!
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Naughty Dog
Location: United States, Santa Monica
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
- Create shots that clearly depict staging, blocking, camera motion, and character performance
- Manipulate performance capture data to stage scenes
- Previs sequences based on a game script, figuring out pacing, blocking prior to shoot
- Provide solutions to creative problems, and be capable of pitching ideas verbally
- Communicate clearly with production staff and manage production tasks
- Maintain technical cleanliness in all work. Proactively identify possible technical issues
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 5+ years of experience as a Camera Layout/Previs artist working in the game or film industries
- Maya experience is required. Generalist level skill animating, modeling, rigging, shading, etc.
- Strong storytelling skills
- Strong Camera and Motion Capture editing skills
- Strong cinematic knowledge. Intrinsically understand composition, cameras, film language, and editing
- Team oriented. Able to cooperate well with a director, supervisor, lead, art director, editor, etc.
- Collaborative attitude. Capable of growing through peer feedback and providing honest, constructive feedback to others
- Solid production knowledge. Know the workings of linked production departments (modeling, rigging, layout, animation, etc.)
- Recognition of the general themes and cinematic style of Naughty Dog games
- Experience using camera capture systems from shooting through processing
- Understanding of still camera photography. Capable of shooting well exposed and composed photos