- Tasks:Perform cloth setups, cloth sims, vellum and various RBD setups and sims to perfectly match the physics of real materials, which maintain/contain character motion and deformation systems; secondary dynamics systems.
- Assist in the creation of complex costume embellishments (cloth, hair, fur, feathers, small, embellishments, scales etc.) and help with grooming.
- Setup simulation- and animation-ready procedural scatter assets with properly prepared, texture maps/IDs for material development.
- Maintain and develop a library of in-house procedural assets.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve technical production challenges.
- Work closely with Cloth Designers, Character Artists & Character Animators.
- 3+ Years of industry experience in motion pictures or gamedev (cinematics).
- Knowledge of Houdini, techniques used for cloth and hair.
- Knowledge of physically-based simulation techniques.
- Highly focused on details.
- A solid understanding of simulation workflows and the ability to prepare models for simulation and animation.
- Experience working with offsite team members.
- An exceptional understanding of the CG art & animation pipelines, including character art asset production - including an understanding of PBR/Lighting pipelines.
- Unreal Engine