It's not shown in the video, but there is an option in the Poly Reduce node to keep Quads and it does a marvelous job keeping intact the original shape decreasing geometry in the areas whereis not needed. Unfortunately the Poly Reduce node only keeps quads if the input mesh is already quad based. In order to get quads from non quad geometries you need to try the Voxel node.
can 80.lv stop posting this kind of low-quality 'showcase' articles? If I wanna find showcase/reel, I can find them easily on Viemo, cgsociety. Everyone know houdini can be used to do destruction, simulation, etc. there is no need to show another destruction unless posting a helpful 'tutorial'. However, this is not.
Can it produce quads, too?
Develop, Deliver and Maintain Character Art at World-Class Quality Standards
- Work together with the Project Art Director and Studio Art Director to develop and maintain world-class standards for aesthetic and technical aspects of character art content;
- Provide clear and consistent art direction to our in-house artists and outsource partners;
- Work together with the Character Art Leads of our in-house artists to ensure outsourced assets are integrated correctly;
- Guide secondary processes such as facial scanning and character rigging in order to ensure the highest quality content;
- Foster communication between the game direction, other art departments, producers and outsource partners;
- Take a pro-active role in spotting new talent, recruitment, mentoring and training in order to help nurture and grow the Character Art teams;
- Work together with the Character Art Leads and production team to define and reach milestones while always pushing for the highest quality.
- Have 6 or more years of experience in the games industry;
- Have previously been in a similar position (such as Art Director, Senior Artist or Lead Artist);
- Have significant experience in 2d and 3d character art production and a portfolio to show your experience;
- Have a solid understanding of complex technical issues in regards to Characters, such as real-time rigging, rendering and shading techniques;
- Have a clear insight and experience with art production and outsourcing;
- Have strong communication skills and a professional attitude.