Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Character Artist with a passion for their craft to help fill a persistent universe with characters and alien life forms.
- Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction for in-game and cinematic usage with nominal direction from Senior and/or Lead Artists.
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constraints.
- Photorealistic texturing of characters which includes diffuse, normal map, specular, bump.
- Working closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
Skills & Requirements
- At Least 8 years’ experience in game development
- Thorough knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop and next gen texturing techniques
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent sense of form
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role.
- Experience with CryENGINE/Lumberyard
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes
- An avid gamer
- A love of Sci-Fi