Day One – work on a Spider-Man game.
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
- Creates models, textures, and shaders for characters, vehicles, weapons, and props
- Uses advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy to ensure that models achieve a high level of functionality and design aesthetics
- Checks character assets in context in the game to identify scale and design issues
- Optimizes models and shaders
- Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
- Works closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional
- Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
- Meets with other character artists to discuss style and technique and maintains visual consistency
- Other duties may be required
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors Degree (B.F.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced understanding of Photoshop, Maya and Z-brush, Mudbox or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Understanding of node based shader networks a plus.
- Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.