Insomniac Games is looking for a skilled Character Artist to work on the upcoming Spider-Man PS4 experience.
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
• Creates models, textures, and shaders for characters, vehicles, weapons, and props
• Uses advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy to ensure that models achieve a high level of functionality and design aesthetics
• Checks character assets in context in the game to identify scale and design issues
• Optimizes models and shaders.
• Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
• Works closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional
• Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
• Meets with other character artists to discuss style and technique and maintains visual consistency
• Other duties may be required
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced modeling, normal map generation, and shader authoring in Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
• Advanced sculpting with ZBrush, Mudbox or equivalent.
• Advanced understanding of at least one industry-leading level editor.
• Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
Day One – work on a Spider-Man game. Sounds pretty amazing. Not sure they need to do much more in regards to a posting other than mention that. It could be considered a mic drop. Maybe it is, but Insomniac Games is looking for a character artist to create models, textures, and shaders for characters and other key assets for their games.