you have access to OpenColorsIO since 2011. The Academy Software Foundation (ASWF), a neutral forum for open source software development in the motion picture and media industries hosted at the Linux Foundation, today announced that OpenColorIO (OCIO) has been approved as the Foundation’s second hosted project. https://www.aswf.io/ocio-joins-aswf/ btw spi released
Thanks for sharing and detailed production breakdown
i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Character Artist for a Spider-Man game
• Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
• Creates models, textures, and shaders for characters, vehicles, weapons, and props
• Uses advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy to ensure that models achieve a high level of functionality and design aesthetics
• Checks character assets in context in the game to identify scale and design issues
• Optimizes models and shaders.
• Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
• Works closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional
• Solves problems with visual design; fills in the gaps between concept art and modeling
• Meets with other character artists to discuss style and technique and maintains visual consistency
• Other duties may be required
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced modeling, normal map generation, and shader authoring in Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
• Advanced sculpting with ZBrush, Mudbox or equivalent.
• Advanced understanding of at least one industry-leading level editor.
• Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
Day One – work on a Spider-Man game. Sounds pretty amazing. Not sure they need to do much more in regards to a posting other than mention that. It could be considered a mic drop. Maybe it is, but Insomniac Games is looking for a character artist to create models, textures, and shaders for characters and other key assets for their games.