this is an Excellent article, the way its set out with the vids and pics. very technical but not rambley. I learnt alot out of it.
Bob would have been proud
Congratulations Lukas:) Amazing piece of 3D parametric shader:) thank You for sharing Your knowledge:)
NetherRealm Studios seeks a Character Artist who will be responsible for creating character assets of the highest quality.
- Using industry standard 3D packages as well as proprietary Team tools, creates art assets for their assigned development project. These assets could include any skeletal models, along with weapons, props, and other character related assets.
- Support design in creating high end content to promote game-play.
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist is maintained by themselves and their team.
- Mentors more junior members of the character team and shares acquired knowledge with the group.
- Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of characters.
- Report daily to the Lead Artist with progress status.
- At Least a 2-year 2D/3D art degree, architecture degree, or equivalent.
- BFA is preferred.
- Three or more years of art and design experience on previous video game development teams.
- Involved in production on at least 1 title that has been previously released.
- Must possess good artistic skills and a working knowledge of 2D/3D art production.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interest in computer or video games.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3D Studio Max). Maya is preferred, and a working knowledge of Maya is mandatory.
- Understanding of physically based material systems and rendering.
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer.
- Experience with high polygon sculpting in ZBrush or Mudbox.
- Strong 2D digital painting and/or drawing skills in Photoshop.
- Experience with modern real-time 3d engines is a plus, Unreal is preferred.
- Rigging experience not required, but a plus.
- Additional art skills are preferred: fine arts skills, including drawing and painting; traditional sculpting; strong figure drawing skills that demonstrate a deep understanding of human anatomy and proportion.
- Receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment.