It's not shown in the video, but there is an option in the Poly Reduce node to keep Quads and it does a marvelous job keeping intact the original shape decreasing geometry in the areas whereis not needed. Unfortunately the Poly Reduce node only keeps quads if the input mesh is already quad based. In order to get quads from non quad geometries you need to try the Voxel node.
can 80.lv stop posting this kind of low-quality 'showcase' articles? If I wanna find showcase/reel, I can find them easily on Viemo, cgsociety. Everyone know houdini can be used to do destruction, simulation, etc. there is no need to show another destruction unless posting a helpful 'tutorial'. However, this is not.
Can it produce quads, too?
Unity is seeking a Character Artist to join their sample games team in Copenhagen.
- Model and texture highly detailed 3D character models and character equipment
- Collaborate with disciplines such as tech art and animation to understand content requirements
- Work with vendors to scale production
- Help plan and scope your own work
- Share knowledge and learnings with the Unity community
- Relevant experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling
- Good understanding of real-time 3d rendering and optimization
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages such as Zbrush, 3D Studio Max/Maya, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Experience authoring shaders
- Traditional painting skill / Concept art