Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This was so helpful for me. I'm hoping to adapt your tutorial to pull off something similar comparing modern satellite imagery with historical maps. No topo, so my steps should be simpler, but I'm a novice with Blender and you've really helped. Thanks!
Working closely with the other artists you will be developing the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the graphic design production team.
You can apply here.
- Understanding and following the visual style of the game and the concept guidelines, and make that shine through in the concepts
- Producing sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions
- Stating ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations
- Effectively communicating visual intentions with a wider team
- Making any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Convey the color pallets sought by AD by using it in concepts iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail
- Accounting for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
- College diploma in fine arts or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in concept art, in the games industry – preferably with experience in working on highly realistic console game titles.
- Knowledge of 3D software
- Architectural and anatomical knowledge
- Mechanical design/industrial design skills
- Knowledge of image composition