No one will discuss the new destruction system below.
Besides, if you'd be involved in project budgeting you would be aware that the costs are growing and using cheap alternatives is inevitable. This is the business. first of all.
If you hate people that can make your life easier and see the threat in everything related to AI then you can hardly call yourself an artist. Rather than a kid who likes to be in a comfort zone.
Be a part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers, and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
- Create both high-resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in the game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character / organic modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next-generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- passion for video games
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character artist
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter is optional
- Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so