Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Milwaukee US 17, Jun — 22, Jun
New York US 17, Jun — 20, Jun
St. Petersburg RU 19, Jun — 21, Jun
TBA BR 22, Jun — 24, Jun
Amsterdam NL 25, Jun — 28, Jun
guys post some article with unity most of your post are based on UE4
This has come a long way since I last saw it, great job on the final version!
Thanks a lot ! Did you give some masterclass of something ?
Character Modeler at Blizzard
16 January, 2018
Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Character Modeler to join its Overwatch art team in Irvine, California.
Salary: not mentioned
Location: United States, Irvine
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character / organic modeling using Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- passion for video games
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character artist
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so