This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL. Iron Galaxy employees are all working from home through April 2021 due to COVID-19. This WFH policy extends to anyone that Iron Galaxy hires between now and then. All new-hire onboarding is being done remotely, and any equipment that you might need for projects at Iron Galaxy will be shipped directly to you.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Concept Artist to join our team as an artistic visionary and ensure our visual elements are of the highest quality for our projects.
Working closely with talented designers, artists and programmers at Iron Galaxy, the Concept Artist inspires a team of game artists through visual designs and inspirational illustrations. You will both guide and inspire the content through setting the visual style and pushing the visual boundaries.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Collaborate with creative leads and fellow teammates to craft and communicate the artistic vision for environments, characters, props, VFX, and the mood of our games
- Create convincing concept imagery which illustrate a broad range of styles from realistic to highly stylized
- Contribute to Art Bibles, concept illustrations and mood boards to establish a consistent artistic direction
- Create high quality imagery for all stages of game development from early visual exploration to marketing materials and product branding
- Hands-on contribution to artwork that defines and enhances the visual presentation of our games
What else are we looking for? Here’s our wish list for the ideal Concept Artist at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for.
- Extensive experience working in interactive media and/or game development, some AAA game experience preferred
- Experience creating high quality imagery in a wide range of artistic styles
- Excellent illustration skills with an eye for color, composition, and design.
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues