We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced individual looking for a challenge and change of pace. As a 2D/Concept Artist, you will report to the Lead Artist/Art Director and work with a team of artists to create 2D assets necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones, along with the responsibilities of creating illustrations, textures and/or concept art for a wide range of subject matter and styles ranging from backgrounds, vehicles, characters, creatures, robots, and machinery that can be stylized, realistic, sci-fi, or fantasy.We believe in T.E.A.M (Technology, Execution, Advisory and Mastery), which is at the heart of everything that we do. As we consistently expand our presence here in Malaysia, we look for the best talent to help us continually deliver excellence. As such, we believe the 2D/Concept Artist must be able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advanced / intermediate texturing and or concept art and illustration experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Continually refines personal artistic abilities and knowledge of new software packages and in-house tools.
- Is expected to continue to refine artistic abilities and learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.
- Works efficiently and effectively within technical constraints of a production while generating high-quality artwork that matches (or) exceeds studios standards.
- Ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Artist regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Artists guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives and milestones.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
- Expert in at least three areas of 2D artistic production.
- High level of drawing and illustration skills, able to work in both digital and traditional medium.
- Have a high understanding in human anatomy, perspective, lighting and rendering. Ability to visualize perspective and 3-dimensional space.
- A keen interest in design, architecture, film and games.
- Have a vast imagination, Ability to visualize and interpret other people ideas.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- Able to produce high quality refine promotional marketing art.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and has a passion for games
- Up to date with the latest industry trends and visual designs.