Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Hell yeah Titanfall 3
It looks very promissing, I hope it meets the demands, we should give indi studios a chance more often.
Environment Artist at Cloud Imperium Games
6 December, 2018
Foundry 42 Ltd. is looking for Environment Artists with experience working in high-poly modular environments.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Cloud Imperium Games
Location: UK, Wilmslow
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Creating game ready models of environmental objects (architectural building sets, organic’s, etc)
- Working in the editor to build out levels and environments
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains
- Creating realistic PBR shaders
- Work closely with Level Lead, and Lead Environment Artist
- Work closely together with the Level Design department
- Work independently on asset sets and oversee level art
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Previous experience creating high quality environments for AAA games.
- Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop, as well as, experience in using editors to lay out environments.
- Strong knowledge of Substance / Quixel packages
- Experience creating environments using modular systems.
- An Understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes.
- Excellent sense of form, mass, and volume.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- International travel may be required as part of the role.
- Experience with Cry Engine.
- Hard surface modeling experience.
- Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes.
- Knowledge and/or experience with PBR
- Experience with programmatic and/or parametric environment generation tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An avid gamer.
- Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design.