You can also book a car to south Auckland airport when travelling home or to your next destination.
Excellent overview of unreal Ray-Tracing stuff, thank you! Any chance you can add the scene to the asset pack?
So what's exactly the advantage? good would be a direct comparison to known renderers
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a mid-level Environment Artist who has achieved excellence in environment modeling, texturing and lighting.
- Work in tandem with the Designer, a joint creative and technical effort to build worlds from initial concept to complete, polished form.
- Responsible for the look and artistic integrity of the games.
- Employ cutting edge 3D graphics techniques including: Working with physics-based spaces, high poly modeling (Maya and ZBrush). Baking normal and displacement maps from high-poly to game-res meshes, Shader creation and manipulation, Modular environment construction and assembly techniques.
- With strong drawing, texturing, and lighting skills and an excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic, will be responsible for creating visually stunning, atmospheric, effective and efficient 3D models of natural and architectural environments.
- Conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem-solving.
- Use custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming demands.
- Work independently and in tandem with Designers to complete assigned projects.
- Optimization of mesh and materials for real-time rendered environments.
- 4-6 years of experience in the game development industry on AAA console titles with at least two shipped titles.
- Strong spatial sense and an eye for good composition
- Strong sense of narrative set decoration.
- Maya, ZBrush (preferred) and Photoshop experience.
- Experience with physically-based rendered art pipelines and related tools (Quixel, Substance, etc)
- Able to showcase a professional, highly-realistic portfolio.
- Architecture and/or traditional art background is a plus.
- Familiarity with AgiSoft or similar Photogrammetry tool is a big plus.