I've never heard of isolating the green channel of the normal map and using it as a paint layer. What effect does that create exactly?
WARNING They dont listen to their users as much as they like to say they do. Check their forums. Plenty of requests go unanswered. Their "To Do" list has been outdated. They lack staple features such as a Text Tool, Adjustment Layers, Channels, Layer Styling, Proper Cropping. Paintstorm cant even resize a photo correctly (It will always leave a border when resizes). You also run into square artifacts occasionally. There have also been several instances were paintstorm was detected as malware, once called out, the dev reuploads a clean version. This happened at least twice from forum reports and Virus Total. Aside from the very obvious lack of support and maintinence. The brush system is good. However a good brush engine will not replace the other basic features and functions paintstorm lacks. DO NOT expect support. This is definitely a homegrown app and it shows. If you want a versatile brush engine, clip studio or even krita is where its at.
Dontnod Entertainment is seeking an Environment Artist to strengthen their teams.
- Design the 3D elements and textures that will compose the decorations taking into account artistic, technical and time constraints.
- Guarantee the good level of visual rendering of the scenery in all the configurations proposed by the game (gameplay, cinematics, etc).
- Interact and coordinate daily with members of other teams depending on the work entrusted.
- Test their sets daily to ensure they reach the required level of quality.
- Have a very strong artistic sensibility.
- Demonstrate autonomy and proactivity.
- Master Unreal 4, 3DS Max, and Photoshop.
- Know the current generation production line PBR.
- Have some notions of Substance Designer and Painter, Zbrush.
- Have notions of architecture, sculpture, drawing, and history of art.