Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Dontnod Entertainment is seeking an Environment Artist to strengthen their teams.
- Design the 3D elements and textures that will compose the decorations taking into account artistic, technical and time constraints.
- Guarantee the good level of visual rendering of the scenery in all the configurations proposed by the game (gameplay, cinematics, etc).
- Interact and coordinate daily with members of other teams depending on the work entrusted.
- Test their sets daily to ensure they reach the required level of quality.
- Have a very strong artistic sensibility.
- Demonstrate autonomy and proactivity.
- Master Unreal 4, 3DS Max, and Photoshop.
- Know the current generation production line PBR.
- Have some notions of Substance Designer and Painter, Zbrush.
- Have notions of architecture, sculpture, drawing, and history of art.