Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
San Antonio US 18, Jan — 21, Jan
London GB 21, Jan — 23, Jan
Taipei TW 24, Jan — 29, Jan
Zürich CH 31, Jan — 4, Feb
Leamington Spa GB 31, Jan — 3, Feb
It says "404 not found"
Wow, amazing job, really inspiring !
Where do i send gold, i want the game!
Environment Artist at Epic Games
11 December, 2018
Epic Games is searching for highly talented and creative individuals to build some of the best-looking environments and props in games today.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Epic Games
Location: USA, Cary
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: no
- Need to exhibit good color theory and technical expertise in architectural layout, lighting, scene composition, and environmental FX polish (bloom, color adjust, fog, etc. …)
- Proficiency in three-dimensional layout, and spatial composition
- Modeling and texturing experience is key
- Creative modeling that can take a rudimentary or unfinished concept and understand the gestalt (goals?)of the design and model three dimensional assets from it
- Designing and creating new assets that inspire is a must
- Creating solid, high fidelity textures of any given surface is required
- An expertise in architectural and organic modeling is paramount
- Creating shaders for environment assets, volumetrics, decals, ambient effects, etc.
- Complex, technical shader knowledge and background is a plus
- Use diagnostic tools to examine content and identify areas for improvement
- Know when and where to cut and how to most effectively optimize meshes and materials, without compromising visual quality
- Portfolio pieces showing high-quality environments and props
- Strong 2D painting skills
- Ability to model clean seamless models from concept art
- Experience in the game industry with at least one shipped title
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine 4, especially with Blue Prints