Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
San Antonio US 18, Jan — 21, Jan
London GB 21, Jan — 23, Jan
Taipei TW 24, Jan — 29, Jan
Zürich CH 31, Jan — 4, Feb
Leamington Spa GB 31, Jan — 3, Feb
I love it !
Wow this is really extensive! Thanks for sharing, I just started with tiltbrush and Masterpiece Vr using a mixed reality kit
after reading this incredible article, im still left with the question..."but, HOW?!"
Environment Artist at Fatshark Games
2 October, 2018
The team is looking for an Experienced Environment Artist to join them, helping finalize their amazing levels with a high-quality visual flair for current and upcoming projects.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Fatshark Games
Location: Sweden, Stockholm
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Collaborate with level designers, concept artists and level artists creating assets to be used in-game. For this position, mainly larger constructs such as landscapes, houses, vistas but also smaller props all the way from blockout to shipped quality (optimized etc).
- Create materials/shaders for assets with a strong focus on playability and fast iteration.
- Play the game and extract missing assets, create them, and request concept art/paint-overs where needed.
- Create “beautiful corners” for inspiration to others in the team, explore and experiment.
- Make sure the levels run on target platforms. If some areas are assets-heavy you have to be able to analyse why and address the issues by designing around this.
- Take in and address critique and feedback from testers.
- A graphical eye with a strong understanding of color, form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Be able to read and follow a piece of concept art, and be able to improvise without one.
- 3+ years’ experience creating real time 3D environments for Console or PC.
- Expert level proficiency with 3ds Max, ZBrush, 3dCoat, Substance, Photoshop or equivalent 3D and 2D software.
- Ability to author PBR materials and all associated maps for new or existing assets, as well as classical texturing methods.
- Work well in a team environment.
- A strong grasp of modular building and reusability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and workflows.
- Versatility, independence and a sense of initiative are your strong points.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA or equivalent game.
- Houdini experience.
- Development of cooperative games.
- Strong proficiency with natural assets such as plants/trees.
- Strong Warhammer interest.
- A background in gaming.
- Degree in art or game design.
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Development in Autodesk Stingray and LUA
- Office located in central Stockholm