Insomniac Games is hiring for an enthusiastic Environment Artist responsible for creating game worlds by modeling/sculpting assets from high res to in-game.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates organic and hard-surface assets from a style guide with or without concept art
- Takes assets through the full modeling/texturing production pipeline
- Set dresses with modular assets in-editor within scope of the project's metrics and rules.
- Works independently and actively communicates with production teams as needed
- Maintains performance requirements for levels (memory, framerate, draw calls, instances)
- Scopes levels for on-time milestone delivery
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent foundations skills, including composition, design, and color theory.
- Strong traditional painting skills, ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
- Is passionate about games and understands the goals of level design.
- Knowledge of Maya and of baking low poly models with high poly models.
- Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of sculpting with ZBrush.
- Understanding of at least one industry-leading level editor.
- Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
- Houdini knowledge a plus.