Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Thanks for sharing and detailed production breakdown
i thought there wouldnt be anything better than akeytsu for creating easy animations. im happy if i am proven wrong.
Keith, I just wanted to stop by and say: Thank you.
Environment Artist at Insomniac Games
17 January, 2019
Insomniac Games is looking for an Environment Artist responsible for creating game worlds by modeling/sculpting assets from high res to in game.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: USA, Durham
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Creates organic and hard-surface assets from a style guide with or without concept art
- Takes assets through the full modeling/texturing production pipeline
- Sculpts, high poly, low poly, High poly to low poly bakes
- Optimizes textures and geometry; creates LOD’s
- Creates modular kits
- Material assignment and texture creation
- Set dresses with modular assets in-editor within scope of the project’s metrics and rules.
- Works independently and actively communicates with production teams as needed
- Maintains performance requirements for levels (memory, framerate, draw calls, instances)
- Scopes levels for on-time milestone delivery
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Maya and of baking low poly models with high poly models.
- Proficient in texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of sculpting with ZBrush.
- Understanding of at least one industry-leading level editor.
- Understanding of source control with Perforce or the equivalent.
- Houdini knowledge a plus.