Very interesting! Thank you Valery for such a useful review of your work!
I found your blog to be very informative. I am very happy to read your blog it's very useful to me.https://www.lifetimeheritagefilms.com/
Great stuff. And many thanks for those tuts by Jason! They helped me a lot.
Outpost Games is looking for a Senior Environment Artist who can help them turn players into performers in SOS, their PC multiplayer survival game with some never-before-seen-twists.
- Work collaboratively with game designers and technical artists to understand and interpret level design requirements within the engine’s technical limitations.
- Synthesize concept art and block models into final game environments to Design, Art and Technical specifications.
- Create high quality materials and textures used by all environment artists.
- Light environments as needed.
- Take ownership of large scope environments such as an entire map.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game.
- Identify day to day execution issues / dependencies, and proactively solve them without supervision.
- Work with TDs and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
- Delegate work to junior team members to achieve larger cross functional efforts.
- Coach junior team members and help them grow.
- 5+ years experience making 3D games on consoles and/or PC.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types.
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes.
- Exceptional understanding of form, mass, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Experience lighting environments.
- Unreal Engine experience a big plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience creating environments using modular systems.
Outpost Games is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.