Rebellion is looking for experienced environment artists to join their team based in their Runcorn Studio.
- Create models of 3D environments, create PBR materials and textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritise own tasks
Skills & Requirements
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognised 3d package such as Maya, 3dMax or Blender.
- To be conversant with hi-res workflow, sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox and with normal map baking.
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines with Substance Painter & Designer, Quixel and how to bring this to engine.
- Skills in a recognised 2d package such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrable experience of using game engines.
- Knowledge and experience with photogrammetry pipelines would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience with Out-Source pipelines would be advantageous
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Runcorn Location