Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
VUE without competition
Can you please give us a walkthrough how to implement this into Maya? would be super helpful. Thanks a lot.
Environment Artist at Rocksteady Studios
1 July, 2018
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff.
Salary: not mentioned
Company: Rocksteady Studios
Location: UK, London
Position type: Full-time
Remote job: no
Relocation Assistance: yes
- Create industry leading environments and assets that creatively and technically raise the project’s visual bar.
- Be comfortable communicating across teams and departments in a friendly and open manner.
- Be proactive and pre-empt dependency issues across teams before they happen.
- Fully understand the project tool chain / game engine and confidently report issues & improvements.
- Continue to develop the skills of yourself and those around you to maintain a world class quality.
- Ability to take ownership and drive key areas of the artistic style.
- Experience in creating and using assets in level creation tools such as Unreal Engine 4 or similar.
- At least 1 published AAA game title on current gen platforms
- Demonstrable understanding of baking textures, processing maps and physically based shading using Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite.
- Expert use of 3DS Max and a good foundation in Photoshop.
- Experience of the full asset pipeline including optimising and profiling.
- Proficient in 3d sculpting, preferably using Zbrush.
- Strong Portfolio with examples of:
- Levels and environments created in Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent
- High-resolution modelling in Max and/or Z-brush with textures created in Substance Designer/Painter or Quixel Suite to game engine ready standards.
- Demonstrate a specialist skill in a relevant area of art or design. e.g. Concept painting, VFX skills (particles, destruction etc), Specialist shader skills, or Unreal Engine Blueprints.
- A passion for creating worlds and bringing those visions to life.
- Strong knowledge of PBR shading in current gen games. Must know how light and materials behave in the real world and how this applies in game.
- Have a keen eye for level design and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Has a desire to maintain and keep up excellent file management and clean working files.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of level lighting, readability and composition.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work well with other artistic departments to drive a vision forward independently without lead supervision.
- Be pro-active and have a constant desire to improve and help non-senior art team members of staff improve their skill sets.
- Private family medical care
- Private dental care
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Brand new custom designed studio
- World class training speakers hosted on-site
- Access to multiple online training websites
- Monthly team meals/outings
- On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga, Life Drawing & Parking
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Monthly 1on1s with your Line Manager
- Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process
- Film nights in our Mocap theatre
- Subsidised gym in the office complex
- Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour
- Staff only merchandise store
- State of the art office
- Free fruit, juices and soft drinks
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Free Daily Towel Service (to encourage a healthy lifestyle)
- Comprehensive Relocation Support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support)
- Finder’s Fee
- Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses
- Free Seasonal Flu Jab