This is an opportunity to contribute to the artistic vision and development of a product with a specialized focus on creating environments and level assets.
- Creates content, including 3D modeling/sculpting, 2D texture map painting, material setup/UV layout, and LOD creation according to defined quality standards, artistic styles, conceptual designs, development pipelines, technical parameters, and production goals.
- Works closely with the Art Director, Art Lead, Environment Artists, and Concept Artists to create environments that work aesthetically and represent concept work and artistic vision.
- Skilled in level art workflow, including assembly, set dressing, and asset composition across levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the art production pipeline and all engine features, tools, and systems associated with the creation of art assets.
- Maintains the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring environment/level assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the games design and artistic vision of the game as a whole.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the game's design to support communication and enable early identification of issues, as well as help drive participation in discussions.
- Facilitates requests or info needs regarding any aspect of the environment/level art creation process as needed.
- Actively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Possesses strong time management and prioritization skills. Entails collaborating with Production group to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- Clearly communicates updates and properly escalate concerns to the appropriate team member(s) and manager(s).
- Minimum of three years' industry experience or related experience.
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training, and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design.).
- Proficient in the use of Maya, (or 3D modeling package) Zbrush, and Substance Designer and Painter.
- Familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture painting, particle systems, UV layout, in-game animation, material setup, layout, SFX and engine parameters/optimizations.
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience.
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Works under minimal direction to determine and develop an approach to solutions.
- A Bachelor's in fine arts or relevant curriculum or equivalent skill set.